This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Marcin 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

RobtB

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for your help so far. My site is live now, but I have some  issues with the blog grid page (http://www.robterbekke.nl/opdrachten-2/).

1) why is there a -2 behind the URL, there is no other page with the same name, if I remove it, I get an error message.

2) the spacing between the blog items is weird. Sometimes there sticking together, sometimes there’s too much spacing. Only after resizing the browser screen, the posts are rearranged and looking as they should.

3) Can I remove the ‘comments are closed’ text in blog posts?

4) I would like to add a splash screen in front of the home page where visitors can choose between my main site with portrait & business photography and a subdomain with wedding photography. Can you help me with this?

Rob.

Marcin
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. Theme has nothing to do with it. Probably there was a page with the same title. Titles are generated by WordPress, I can’t do anything about this.

2. Issue caused by a lazy load plugin. At first grid is calculated and when you scroll the page some images appears which probably breaks the grid. The solution would be to do not use lazy load plugin on images used in post previews.

3. You can add this code in the custom css area in theme options
    .single-post .comments-wrapper {display: none;}

4. Support does not cover customizations like that. If you need help in this matter you’ll need to hire someone.

Best
    Marcin

RobtB

Thank you for the quick reply! 2 & 3 worked fine!

One last question: is it possible to show the pictures in a gallery in random order?

Marcin
    Keymaster

You should be able to do so by adding order="RAND" in the shortcode, for example:
    [mt_gallery ids="421,191,192,190" order="RAND"]

And you’ll also need to change two things in plugins folder/mt-shortcodes/shortcodes.php file:
    1. In line 994 change to 'orderby' => 'rand',
    2. In line 1010 change to $orderby = 'rand';

If you don’t know how to edit this file drop me an email on support@themesymphony.com and I’ll send you modified file.

That way you’ll be able to use random order.

Best
    Marcin

RobtB

Perfect! You’re the best!

Marcin
    Keymaster

Thanks đŸ™‚ Solved.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Blog grid’ is closed to new replies.